The Complete Career in Programming Course
You save 75%
100 Lessons (8h)
- Welcome to Careers in Programming: Let’s Launch Your Job SearchCareers in Programming: How to Get a Great Coding Job (Course Trailer)0:54Welcome to the Course! We’re Glad You’re Here.3:05Access All of Your Programming Job Search Resources[Optional] New to Computer Science? Learn How to Transition into Coding2:58
- Big Six Skills: Reverse Engineer Your Job Search StrategyThe Big Six Skills: How to Create Career Alignment2:16A Crash Course on the Market for Programming Talent3:42How to Develop Your Big Six Skills3:22SideBySide: Let’s Reverse Engineer a Set of Big Six Skills11:19Hear it From Nick: How Recruiters Develop Candidate Narratives20:40Assignment: Create Your Rapid Career Development Hub5:21Section Wrap: Stress Management on Your Job Search1:58
- Hacking the Hidden Job Market: Technical Communities, Referrals, and CRMHidden Jobs: How to Find a Job through a Referral3:16Unlock the Hidden Job Market with Eazl’s TWO Approach2:41Hear it from Nick: How Recruiters Use Referrals11:18How Career CRM Can Help You Hack Your Job Search3:14SideBySide: See Three Convenient Career CRM Techniques5:20Assignment: Start Using Career CRM in Your RCD Hub6:26Section Wrap: Where to Invest 50% of Your Career Development Energy1:48
- Resume / CV Writing Skills: Powerful Professional PresentationApply this Agile Development Concept as You Write Your Resume / CV1:39Job Search Copywriting Skills: How to Use Framing and Build Trust3:33SideBySide: Let’s Connect a Set of Big Six Skills with Work Experiences9:44Assignment: Go through Your Resume / CV Content Workflow5:35Section Wrap: Writing Skills and the Language of HR2:43
- Resume / CV Writing: Write a Powerful, Keyword-Optimized ResumeThe Story Behind the $1,500 Resume You’re about to Build4:19Eazl’s Anti-Robot Protocol: Your Resume Keyword / SEO Strategy3:05Choose and Download Your Resume Template [Resume Templates and Samples Here]1:02Assignment: Use the ARP 2.0 Keyword Optimization / SEO Strategy3:39Build Your Resume / CV: First Steps [Step-by-Step Resume Writing Guide Here]6:07Build Your Resume / CV: Add Your Big Six Skills and Organizations10:05Build Your Resume / CV: Add Your Job Titles and Role Descriptions5:05Build Your Resume / CV: Develop and Add Your Supporting Points11:08Build Your Resume / CV: Describe Your Coding Projects5:41Build Your Resume / CV: Add Education and Professional Development3:30Build Your Resume / CV: Add Coding Languages, Software Expertise, and Extras1:41What’s the Purpose of Your Executive Summary Section?0:42Build Your Resume / CV: Add Your Executive Summary and Keyword Optimize4:20Special Offer: Get Human Feedback on Your Resume from the Eazl TeamSection Wrap: Debugging Your Resume to Reduce Uncertainty3:23
- Cover Letter Writing: Handling Application Barriers and Using X FactorsHow to Use Cover Letters to Get Past Career Walls2:31How to Find and Overcome Barriers to Getting an Interview2:41Hear it from Nick: Cover Letters, Barriers, Visas, and Relocation10:39How to Mass-customize the Cover Letters You Write0:58Let’s Perform Cover Letter Research and Write a Cover Letter Together9:56Let’s Convert Your Cover Letter to an Email Introduction Piece2:12Assignment: Look at Your Resume and Cover Letter from Another Perspective4:58Section Wrap: Only Share What’s Relevant to Your Audience1:47
- LinkedIn and Your Job Search: SEO and Professional Branding on Your ProfileVisual Branding, SEO, Skills, AI and Your LinkedIn Profile3:17How to Bring Your Big Six Skills to Life On Your Online Profiles2:26How to Find Visuals that Support Your Big Six Skills6:36Assignment: Find Visuals for Your LinkedIn Profile that Support Your Big Six Skills2:46Headshot Photography for Your LinkedIn Profile2:55Hear it From Nick: How Recruiters Use Social Platforms23:41How to Write a Powerful LinkedIn Profile Summary Using Eazl’s GBQ Method3:38Assignment: Write Your LinkedIn Profile Summary [Step-byStep LinkedIn Guide Here]1:18Build Your Profile: Write a Searchable Headline and Create a Custom URL2:32Build Your Profile: Write Your LinkedIn Profile Summary and Upload Visuals9:31Build Your Profile: Optimize Your Work Experiences and Add Strategic Visuals6:42Build Your Profile: Add Your Custom Skills and Link to Projects (Important!)3:45Build Your Profile: Add Your Educational Experiences and Other Credentials2:37Build Your Profile: Use Custom Job Search Settings (also: Stealth Job Hunting)3:19Section Wrap: Crafting Your Career Narrative + LinkedIn Machine Learning2:09
- Professional Networking: Using LinkedIn and Activating Your Personal NetworkMeaningful Outreach that You Can Be Proud Of2:06Eazl’s CCC Professional Networking Method for Programmers1:50How to Network at Scale Using Your LinkedIn Profile [LinkedIn Word Tracks Here]5:49How to Get Job Leads from Your Professional Network7:10Assignment: Use YAMM and Your Career CRM to Find Job Opportunities2:04Section Wrap: Let People Know You’re Looking While Being True to Yourself1:00
- How Hiring Works: Recruiting, Human Resources, and ApplicationsThe Labor Market as a Predictable System1:38The One Question You Want to Answer About Every Job Opening4:55What Are External Recruitment Agencies and How Can You Use Them?3:41Hear it from Nick: How to Use External Recruiters15:22How to Use Boolean Searches to Get Better Results1:29SideBySide: Let’s Develop a Boolean Query on a Job Board1:48SideBySide: How to Use Boolean Searches and Custom Filters on LinkedIn2:34Assignment: Develop a Job Search Query and Submit an Application1:45Section Wrap: How to Manage the Programming / Human Resources Bridge2:13
- Interviewing Skills: from Phone Screens to the Whiteboard Coding InterviewHow Psychology Can Help You Develop Interviewing Skills2:57What’s a Typical Interview Process for Technical Positions?3:28How to Research Organizations Before Interviews [Cheat Sheet Here]7:22How to Hack Phone Screen Interviews1:42MegaAnimation: The Top 5 Ways to Give Yourself an Edge in In-person Interviews4:29Hear it From Nick: How Should You Approach the First Interview?9:43Steve Yegge’s 9 Preparation Areas for Whiteboard Coding Interviews2:10Becky from Google’s 5 Tips on Performing Well in Whiteboard Coding Interviews1:44Hear it from Nick: What are Employers Seeking in Whiteboard Coding Interviews?9:28Case Study: Why You Should Contact Your References First4:05How to Follow Up with People After Interviews [Follow-up Word Tracks Here]3:50Assignment: Practice Defending Your Technical Approach to a Coding Project3:27Section Wrap: Take a Collaborative Approach to Your Interviews2:59
- Negotiation Skills: Negotiating Your Compensation and BenefitsThe Delicate Process of Negotiating Your Compensation and Benefits2:44What Variables are at Play During Salary Negotiations? (BEM)4:05Hear it from Nick: How an Employer is Likely to Approach Salary Negotiations16:12Case Study: Market Benchmarking and Reciprocity in Salary Negotiations5:11Assignment Practice Responding to an Low Offer by Citing the Market Rate2:06Section Wrap: Take a Constructive Approach to Salary Negotiations2:05
- Further Study: Making a Career Change + Extra Resume Writing HelpAdditional Resume Help: How to Show Promotion Within an Organization2:18Additional Resume Help: How to Show More than 10 Years of Work Experience1:38Additional Resume Help: How to Include Academic Research2:18Additional Resume Help: How to Build a Resume if You Have No Work Experience2:43Making a Mid-life Career Change: Stephen Szermer’s Tips53:27
DescriptionInstructorImportant DetailsRelated Products
Discover Interviewing & Research Strategies to Score a High-Paying Programming Job!
EEazlEazl | The Online School that Fits Your Life
4.4/5 Instructor Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Eazl is the online school that fits your life. Since launching in 2013, Eazl courseware has received 10,000+ 5-star reviews and is trusted by teams at Tesla, Harvard, the World Bank, and many other leading organizations. Today, 150,000+ students use Eazl to build and prove their skills from anywhere, on any device, on their own schedule.
A great job is a key to living a happy life but the job market is so competitive it can feel like just trying to get hired is a job in itself. If you're a coder, you'll love this course. Here, you'll learn techniques to help you act with confidence and purpose so you don't waste your valuable time and earn more money when it comes time to negotiate for the job.
- Access 100 lectures & 8 hours of content 24/7
- Ace whiteboard coding interviews by knowing how to prepare, what technical interviewers are looking for, & how to approach the day of the interview
- Prepare a keyword-rich, targeted resume that gets outstanding results
- Align your strategy with how you present yourself on your resume, LinkedIn profile, & cover letter
- Leverage your education from online platforms, coding bootcamps, & other alternative sources of technical education in your job search
- Master how you communicate with engineering managers vs. human resource managers vs. headhunters/recruiters
- Negotiate your benefits, equity, & salary so that you get paid what you’re worth and you don’t anger your employer
- Length of time users can access this course: lifetime
- Access options: web streaming, mobile streaming
- Certification of completion included
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Experience level required: beginner
- Have questions on how digital purchases work? Learn more here
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 30 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.
Your cart is empty. Continue Shopping!